Few weeks ago Facebook changed a small piece of reporting. This small change means that lot of advertisers are seeing huge numbers of conversions which don’t represent the number of your goal completitions. Here’s the way how to find numbers you are looking for.
What’s the issue?
Most of advertisers are using only default reports in Facebook Ads Manager. If your campaign objective is Website Conversion and you’re optimising for specific conversion based on new Audience Pixel you’re seeing huge number of conversions. First time you have seen it you oppened a bottle of champagne but than you discovered that it’s not a real number of conversion. I feel sorry for you. A lot of bottles of champagne died with no real reason.
Look at this picture: Do you see the Results? I got thousands of conversions in last 7 days! I have greater number of conversions than number of reached people in ad set #2! How good I am? No that’s not true.
All of these adsets have objective Website Conversion. And they’re working with the new Audience Pixel. What the results mean? It is counting all events from Audience Pixel as Purchase, Leads but also AddToCart or View Content.
How to find data you’re looking for?
And here’s the magic: you need to customize your report to see this particular events. How?
- Click to Columns: Performance
- Select Customize Columns (2nd from the bottom)
- Click to Website on the left and select all events you want. (by the way the right corner of this window is the place where you set up your attribution!)
And here we go.
You can see that most of this “Results” are comming from ViewContent and that’s the reason why I can have more Results then Reach. But these are not numbers you’re looking for if you are thinking about conversions. You want Purchases, Leads or something like this.
No panic needed. Audience pixel is working, you just need to know where to find data you want to see.
Latest posts by Lukas (see all)
- What are the 5 skills great customer success managers need to have - August 4, 2019
- 7 „misstakes“ I made and learned from as a freelancer - July 29, 2019
- 3 big steps I did in 2017 - January 3, 2018
- Facebook ads: conversion optimisation - April 16, 2017